Tuesday, June 13, 2006

7 Questions to Ask (and Answer) Before Reading this Blog:

1. Who is this guy?

Just an average twentysomething dude who cares more about NBA basketball than just about anything in his life. Except for beer and some reality television (ok, a lot of reality television). And maybe a few other things too. But just a few.

2. Why the blog?

Because he likes talking ball. Because he likes seeing his thoughts in writing. Because he's acting on a moral imperative. Because he's exercising his natural right to free expression.

(Actually he's just bored out of his brains at work, which affords him the luxury of eight idle hours a day before a flat screen monitor and a keyboard. Text Twist, Rocket Mania and Typer Shark get old after awhile, ya know?).

3. What is he writing about?

Mostly pro basketball. He has nothing intelligent to say about anything else. Come to think of it, he doesn't even have anything intelligent to say about basketball.

4. Pro basketball? Are you serious?

Yes, he's... I'm serious. Maybe I'll rotate between actual analysis and random thoughts, but I'm guessing this will devolve into a forum for such questions as: "Who would win in a fight?
a) Eric/a Dampier, after learning that Shaq picked Lisa Leslie above him on the NBA All-Star ballot, OR
b) Chris Kaman, after getting his peaches picked by Reggie Evans for a second time."

5. Wait a minute. Is this some trendy "The NBA is back on top with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade at the helm" type thing? Because if it is, I'm closing my browser...

No, it's not. I was a die-hard fan even in the slow-'em-down, final-score-74-70, before-there-were-tights days. I can prove it too: I can spell Gheorghe Muresan and Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje.

6. OK, maybe I'm convinced. But I'm still somewhat skeptical. Who's the best basketball player of all time?

(deadpan) John Starks. Remember that time in the playoffs when he dunked over Jordan? ... Haha, sorry, I shouldn't joke. But c'mon, I deserve credit for almost pulling that one off.

7. Can I go now? I'm going cross-eyed.

Sure. But don't forget to check back here every once in awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home